Teenage acne/pimples

Hello,Doctor I am 17 years old i am suffering from acne..they are all over my face and i have tried all over the counter medications having ingredients such as salicyclic acid,benzoyl peroxide,Tretinoin,nictoniamide gel,none of them seems to be working and my face looks really weird..and also in mu chin i have several pimple like structures which do not form pus in them...and they are from past 2 years and don't go...please give some medications for this...as my face looks really weird.

Doctor Answers (3) on Teenage acne/pimples

. Greetings. Acne is a chronic problem. You may need a few medications and lifestyle changes for long term improvement. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of gel based sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure to prevent darkening of spots. 2. Daily bed time use of retinoid cream will reduce acne and oiliness 3. Antibiotic agents short course- prescribed by dermatologist for controlling out bursts .salicylic acid based or benzoyl peroxide based face wash for oily skin. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any other trigger or need for oral retinoids- this will indeed help but should be taken only if necessary and under monitoring. Also salicylic acid Peel if needed 5. Procedures like microneedling rf, fractional lasers or just microneedling for scars are helpful and necessary. Chemical peels for acne and spots. Using an anti fungal shampoo will be of great help in reducing dandruff and also pimples on forehead 6. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. You may Send further queries/ pics of lesions on private follow up chat. Hope this helps. Warm regards.
Dr. Arshi Rahul Pune | Aesthetic Medicine
Hello. At this age pimples u get are hormonal. As said by u , you have used all good medicines. But internal medications and proper care and therapies are required. So that they dont leave scars on the face. As you are young. You will respond to the treatments faster.
Dr. Manoj Waghmare Nagpur | Dermatologist
Acne is becoz of the harmonal reasons...so they can come and go. It may last till harmones settle. What you need a continuous treatment and u will also be needing the Maintainence. The acne on the chin seem to be comedones which needs to get extracted but not with force. Best is to consult the dermatologist and continue the treatment.