TB in baby
My daughter (aged 4 months) had an abscess in thigh which we got removed and pus was sent for culture and it says she has TB. Medication is prescribed for 6 months. What will be the side effects of the drugs on her? Will it affect her growth? There are no symptoms whatsoever of TB. She's quite active, has normal appetite and weight gain is normal too.

Hello there. . I can understand your concern for your daughter. If you say there are no symptoms of tuberculosis, then what was the abscess? If you want her to get rid of the tuberculosis, then you have to follow the doctors orders and give her the medicines properly. There is no effect of the medicines on her growth or anything if she gets rid of the tuberculosis. Lot of bad effects if tuberculosis. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.