Swollen gum

I am having swollen gum. And when I press that area I feel pain.But as of now there is no blood coming out from my mouth. Is it the early sign of Pyoria ?

Doctor Answers (5) on Swollen gum

Hi..yes it is early sign of pyroea. Visit a nearest dentist ASAP before infection continues to roots. Regards
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello good evening . There could be multiple reasons for gum swelling 1.most common cause is due to deposits present near the gums which could cause gum swelling and is also associated with gum bleeding. 2. Next most common cause is an infection near the root which is not able to escape and causes a small pimple kind of swelling of gums associated with pus discharge. If you fall in the first possible cause thorough cleaning and debridement of teeth will solve the issue. And If you fall in the second possible reason then you might have to go for root canal treatment followed by gum surgery and crown.
Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ...there are many reasons of swollen gums ...in my opinion ...visit a nearby dentist or a periodontist for complete oral check up ASAP... Take care ..!!
Swelling in your gums can be due to various causes..if it just localized in one particular area it may be gum infection or a cavity in that area on a teeth in which infection has gone down to the roots ..u need to visit a dentist to know the actual problem get an ray done then accordingly the right diagnosis and treatment can be given..take care..
Dr. Saumil Chetan Sampat Mumbai | Prosthodontist
Hi there!!! Is the swelling localized to one particular tooth or all over?? Also is there any complaint of bad breath, itching sensation in the gums?? These are common signs of pyorrhea (gum infection) apart from swollen, bleeding gums. Do visit a dentist in your proximity and get a check up done. You might have to get a full mouth X-ray (OPG) done to come to a provisional diagnosis. Hope my advice helps you out. Take care.