Swelling near ankles
My mother is a diabetic patient and some days ago her ankles and skin near it began to swell. Please help and suggest what specialist it must be needing!
39 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Swathi S Aithal
General Physician 4 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹100 for 24 hrs

Hello there we understand your feeling and your concern towards you mother. This condition is quiet common in peoole with diabetes but you see one cannot take it lightly. You need to get her evaluated. But then see there are two scenarios and you need to take her to two different doctor in bith if them. If the foot is red and the skin is thick and if she unable to walk then you need to take her to a general surgeon. If the swelling is on both the legs and then she is having breathing difficulty or difficulty in voiding urine then you need to take her to a general physician. Thank you
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.