Swelling in under arms

There is a swelling of skin concentrated at one part of under arm in my body for two years and I have no problems except it doesn't look good .But from last few days I have a severe pain in my hand and I think may be swelling of skin is the root of problem .I have consulted many doctors and they say there is no need of operation and you can continue with it through out life . I want to know whether it is harmful or not for the course of future What should I do to cure this
views-icons 44 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Manoj Agarwala
Dermatologist 11 yrs exp Delhi

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹250 for 24 hrs

Thanks for the query. Lumps in the skin are not uncommon in general population but since in your case it's painful and increasing in size, it requires medical attention. Consider meeting a Dermatologist or plastic surgeon for physical examination. If needed an FNAC or skin biopsy can be done to ascertain the nature of this lump. Skin biopsy will be both diagnostic and therapeutic if it's done. Don't delay the consultation. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala 
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?