Swelling in legs
My friend has swelling in her legs. She is 118 kgs, diabetic. Due to this recent painful swelling she is unable to walk now. Can you please guide us whom to consult.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  She is clearly overweight and also a diabetic. What is the treatment she is taking for diabetes? I hope her sugars are well in control. She should have a high protein and low carbohydrate diet. She needs to lose weight l. Ask her to work towards losing weight. Consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management.  Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern for your friends health. Swelling of both lower limbs can occur do to many reasons like protein deficiency, liver disease, renal disease, right heart failure, venous insufficiency, infections. She also very overweight. She will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations. So kindly consult a general physician as soon as possible for further evaluation.