Suffering from hairloss
I am suffering from hair loss from around 4 years now. Tried minoxidil and vitamins but they only help a bit. At least I want to stop hair loss and if possible get back new hair. Please help.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. An attempt to find the cause of hair fall should be made and necessitate few blood tests. The treatment typically consists of usage of topical lotion (Minoxidil )and finasteride. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist.  You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results. Hope it helps. Dr MK Agarwala Dermatologist. New Delhi
Dr. Nachiket Palaskar
Trichologist 14 yrs exp Pune
Hi, platelet rich plasma therapy might help you. Continue the treatment you mentioned and consult your skin doctor. Regards