Stress, anxiety

As of my class 12 going on , due to teachers pressure , I am suffering for lots of stress and anxiety . some times I sleep at 10pm or sometime at 4 am. Due to which I am continuously gaining weight . I just don't know how to treat it .

Doctor Answers (4) on Stress, anxiety

Dr. Indrani Dutta Kolkata | Psychologist
I can understand that this is your final year and too vast syllabus. But as you know no other alternative, instead of complaining look out for more organized and systematic remedial measures. Follow your schedule, don't postpone your schedule on the basis of mood. I think little bit of discipline will help you to sort out your stress.
Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear young girl, I do understand class - 12th is a tough class to be in and it is alright to get stressed as well. But, pls understand that this is a phase of pressure in life and it will pass away as well. Often, the mistake committed by all of us is that in academic pressure, we often stop pursuing our likes and hobbies. This closes the vent that we have for stress. Hence, I suggest you please take some time off daily for your hobbies and enjoy yourself. As far as stress from teacher goes, take it with the thinking that she wants the best for you. So, follow her advice honestly and sincerely, but also enjoy your life!
Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi dear,  it's all for another 6months only. 
Also you can schedule your day hour by hour and try to follow it as much as possible.
If u allocate time for revising like that
1. Go for a walk and revise it in your mind.
2. Also eat at the right time
3. Eat healthy
4. Sleep min 5hrs per day.
For further clarity do visit a Counsellor in your city and handle these issues easily.
Dr. Kavita Sagarkar Mumbai | Psychiatrist
Hi , Class 12th is a tough phase . The stress of exams seems to be overwhelming you. Try to schedule a time table and follow it. It should have study time, adequate sleep and rest time and also some relaxation or hobby time. Listen to music or dance to it to shake yourself off from the mounting pressure of exams. Eat nutritious food and eat small meals regularly . Drink plenty of water. Try and do some breathing exercises like Anulom- Vilom or other relaxation techniques for 5 minutes everyday. Try to fit in some form of exercise daily like maybe climbing stairs or walking or dancing. Study in such a way that it goes in long term memory. Do not study by rote or by reading out loud. Understand the topic, make notes point-wise and try to read and learn visually /through pictures. Make pneumonics wherever possible. Do not worry at present about weight gain. If you follow a good diet and exercise regularly you will be able to lose the weight that you have gained. Do check your thyroid hormone levels however, to rule out Hypothyroidism. Some techniques to help you get rid of stress are there in my article on Practo health feed "Do you have exam phobia ". Do go through that. In case you are not able to handle your stress in spite of all this , do consult a Psychiatrist or Psychologist for counseling. Hope this helps, All the Best!