Stomach pain pregnantlady

Hi, my wife is pregnant (4th month) and suffering from stomach pain since beginning. May I know the reason for it and our gynecologist is saying that it would be there for some ladies, is it because of gastric or acidity? Can we go ahead and take regular medicine by consulting general physician or gynecologist? Appreciate your help to understand the problem and to resolve the same?

Doctor Answers (1) on Stomach pain pregnantlady

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Pains, aches and cramps in your belly while you're pregnant are normal. They're usually nothing to worry about, if all is otherwise well...Abdominal pain could be a sign of something that's not related to pregnancy. Appendicitis, an ovarian cyst, kidney stones, a urinary tract infection (UTI), or gall bladder problem can cause abdominal pain...since your gynaecologist is assuring nothing much to worry...if you have doubt Consult another gynecologist for second opinion.