Stomach pain
Hi doctor I am 3 months pregnant and I have got stomach pain such as sum thing is stuck inside. I don't feel hungry I get lot of burps and am not able to have any food I feel like vomiting. Please give me medications to overcome it

Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 26 yrs exp Pune

Thank you for your question. What you describe is very common in the first 12 weeks and sometimes beyond that too. The burping and discomfort is due to hyperacidity in your stomach. Some of the acid also irritates the lower end of the esophagus causing that feeling of stuckness in the bottom of your chest. This and the burping can be helped by taking an antacid gel like Ulgel or mucaine get 3-4 times a day 15 ml. You can also try ice cream etc to relieve the discomfort.  It actually helps if you can eat small quantity of neutral non spicy food every two hours. You need to eat food and drink water whether or not you vomit, hence the discipline every two hours. Other measures are sucking ginger slices, massaging acupressure points. Rarely if none of this helps your doctor will need to treat you in hospital with a drip. Best wishes