Spleen Removal
Hi Doctor, My sister 21 years old gone through Spleen Removal Surgery 10 days back, So what to do to stay fit and healthy entire life. Thanks

Dr. Amit Verma
Dietitian/Nutritionist 2 yrs exp Delhi

Hello good morning, i want to know what wss the reason for spleen removal... So i could u suggest better regarding all des.. no need to worry for anythng is this matter.. please send me all details or contact me for better treatment nd life style
Dr. Farheen
Dietitian/Nutritionist 4 yrs exp Hyderabad
While you will not find specific diets tailored for people without spleens, you can take dietary steps to improve your immune system, reducing your risk of infection. Boost your immune system by cutting back on red meats, high-fat diary products and fats while eating more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Green vegetables such as broccoli and spinach are high in antioxidants, which help remove oxidants from the blood and protect you from disease. You also should eat more salmon and other fatty fish high in omega-3 acids, which have anti-inflammatory properties.