Sore throat, fever, gas
I have sore throat from last two days and have fever from 99.8-100.4 from 2 days. Doctor advised all dengue malaria typhoid tests, all tests showed negative and in blood test i got wbc count 4000 neophiles 73% platlets 15200. I had jaundice in 2010 and now in test report my total s.bilirubin is 1.4 direct 0.7 and indirect 0.7. Doctor said i have viral but didnt gave any medicine apart from razo d and becosules because she said i have high level of s.bilirubin. I want to know proper diet to recover completely and do i need a second opinion ?

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 10 yrs exp Kolkata
Hello. Your symptoms looks like viral fever, Platelet count is 15200 or 152000?? there is a big difference between the two, as the first one is serious matter, 2nd one is normal. If its the 2nd one, take you wont need any antibiotics. Take normal diet, continue medicines as prescribed to you. And take Tab Calpol 500mg for fever. But if your platelet count is truly 15200, then you need urgent furthur medical opinion, with regular checkup of platelets every alternate day. Tests for Dengue are generally negative after 2 days. Repeat dengue serology after 5 days to confirm. And Malaria can also be repeated at peak of fever, as high chance of negative report otherwise. Hope this helps.