Solution to hairloss

I shifted to Banglore last year and have lost more than half of my hair. They are very very thin and look horrible. I have somehow managed to control the hairfall but can't find hair regeneration solution

Doctor Answers (1) on Solution to hairloss

Thanks for the query. FPB is an increasing problem in today's society. Hair care is a daily ritual shaped by age, gender and internal health. The treatment typically consists of topical lotion (Minoxidil). Based on the cause of hair loss, certain specific medications can also be started. It also depends on the age of the patient and if planning for conception or not. Various issues need to be decided before initiating the treatment. The dosage and duration is decided by your dermatologist. Hair fall treatment needs proper assessment to find the cause and to address it specifically. A trichoscan and trichogram are objective methods of assessment and is highy recommended, though it is difficult to find a clinic which offers that. Hair fall treatments consist of arresting the hair fall and subsequently adding density and improving the texture and quality. You need to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement. Certain dermatologists supplement biotin, hair serum and advice procedures like PRP therapy which may accelerate the rate of hair growth. PRP needs multiple sessions roughly at 6 weeks intervals. PRP therapy is increasingly being accepted by dermatologists all over the world. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Further authentic information is in the following weblink
One needs to be patient with the treatment protocol as it takes months to see initial improvement.