Solids to 6.5 months old baby
I am planning to start giving solids to my 6.5 months old son. What all I can give it to him? What should be given first, what's the sequence and what should be the dose? How to encourage him to start taking solids? Can I mix salt or sugar while preparing any solid item? Can I give him water? Can I give him Cerelac?

Please avoid formula milk and also packaged food like cerelac. They are not as beneficial as home cooked fresh food. Give khichdi, mashed potato, sheera, upma, idli, fruits, mix green vegetables in dal rice.  Type baby food recipes 6 months india in google and you will get many options. Websites like Tarla dalal give many recipes. You can start with any one of these. Replace 1 feed with food about 1 wati. Increase the quantity as per child's liking. Increase by 1 feed per month so that child takes major portion as food by 1 year of age. Give 1 food for 4 days and then change to watch for allergy. No salt and sugar for  few months as they are not good for health and to avoid getting used to that taste. You can give water now in little amounts.