Soft Drink Addiction

I try to maintain a healthy diet. I eat food cooked in low oil, almost negligible junk food. Go to the gym and do proper exercise. I place where I face a problem is in Soft Drinks. I have this craving everyday to drink them. In fact I drink Thumps Up, everyday (1.5Ltrs). So, my question is thee such a thing as Soft drink Addiction and how can I control it. Need serious help with this.
views-icons 48 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Ms. Rekha Sachdev Pohani
Dietitian/Nutritionist 10 yrs exp Pune

Ur weight is 9 KGS less than ideal. Depending on soft drinks is bad they affect liver and kidney as food flavours and color is their which is harmful to liver. Start with lemon water or coconut water or buttermilk as they will also relaxu divert mind and engage ur self In any other thing when quench is their.

Hello, soft drinks are not good for health ,they are carbohydrated liquids, it realeses gas which hasten digestion process, cause gastritis , indigestion , loss of appetite etc... They have addictives and preservatives which are not good for health, drink juice in place of soft drinks, find some healthy alternative.