Social Phobia

I am suffering with social fear. whenever I am speaking to new person or boss or in front of team or visiting new places, I am getting huge fear and full sweating at forehead, face and entire body. it' creating huge problems in my career. If I participate any discussion with anyone, speaking in front of group or being a center of attraction getting lot of fear and more more sweating. Please help me to resolve my problem.

Doctor Answers (3) on Social Phobia

Ms. Hema Sampath Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
I could understand the situation you are pushed into. It may be due to some  childhood observations or due to ur environment or Atmosphere at home or some of your relatives too.
If you can meet a Counsellor/Psychologist and share to them some or all of those incidents and situations maybe you could find a solution to resolve it.
Dr. Sonia Malhotra Pune | Psychiatrist
Dear sir,
You seem to be experiencing social anxiety disorder. The GOOD NEWS IS that it has a cure. With proper medicines and psychotherapy, you have a bright future, and shall be able to perform at par with others. However, treatment is tailor-made and will need detailed evaluation and assessment. Pls meet a psychiatrist at the earliest and get yourself treated well, as per your condition's demand.
Pls feel free to contact me for a private consultation.
Regards!
Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... You will require detailed counseling session with psychiatrist as Most adults don't get better on their own and may require some type of treatment. The goal of phobia treatment is to reduce your anxiety and fear and to help you better manage your reactions to the object or situation that causes them...Consult them they will do the needful.