Social anxiety
I have social anxiety from my childhood. I don't get words to speak if any stranger is around me even if I have idea about the subject they are talking. I am very desperate with my behavior, i want to overcome from this. Please advice to whom i have to consult, a psychiatrist or psychologist.
162 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Vikas Deshmukh
Psychiatrist 9 yrs exp Navi Mumbai
Both medicine and cognitive behaviour therapy will help you. Visit a Psychiatrist to start with medication then is Psychiatrist have time to do cognitive behaviour therapy he can do or he will refer to psychologist who is trained in this therapy.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.