Social anxiety disorder

Hi i am 19 years old male. I am suffering from acute and extreme social anxiety disorder. I have dropped one year of my college because of this. I am tensed that it will ruin my life and career badly i am not able to move out of my house. Not able to meet friends, travel and enjoy life. Pls help me becaus i am really tensed, worried, anxious and nervous about my future. Kindly help me plz.

Doctor Answers (1) on Social anxiety disorder

Dr. Diwakar Sharma Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hi there, Its overwhelming if it's anxiety. So I can relate to how u feel at this point. But at this point u have to realize dat its a treatable condition and just requires some devotion on ur part to get rid of it. It's treatment involves some medications along with behavioural therapy. Either of the two if done exclusively won't be of much effectiveness in ur case. All u have to do is consult a psychiatrist of ur faith and let him or her guide u to a level comfortable and non anxious social interactions, boosting ur confidence in the process. I hope this helps u but feel free to consult further. take care