Small ulcers infection
Small ulcer like infection on leg, with puss till knee. Looks like herpes. Symptoms are: pain in leg and fever. I am unsure which specialist doctor should I take him to. Physician or dermatologist.

Dr. Harsha
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted a photo of the lesion. What you are describing could be furuncle, abscess, cellulitis, pyoderma gangrenosum, herpes zoster, etc. Without detailed clinical examination and history taking it is very difficult to diagnose. So kindly consult a nearby dermatologist for further evaluation.