Small ulcers infection

Small ulcer like infection on leg, with puss till knee. Looks like herpes. Symptoms are: pain in leg and fever. I am unsure which specialist doctor should I take him to. Physician or dermatologist.
views-icons 19 Views Bookmark this Answer

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Harsha
General Physician Bangalore
Hi there...I can understand your concern. It would have been better if you had posted a photo of the lesion. What you are describing could be furuncle, abscess, cellulitis, pyoderma gangrenosum, herpes zoster, etc. Without detailed clinical examination and history taking it is very difficult to diagnose. So kindly consult a nearby dermatologist for further evaluation.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?