Sleeping posture

Hello! Is it good to sleep with pillow or without pillow. And what is the right position to nap/sleep. I usually sleep side ways. I cannot sleep strict length x breath surface area. I do not know what that position is called. I mean that sleeping in position in a way resting the back and spine is not that m comfortable with.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sleeping posture

Poornachandra Tejaswi S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello..... I understand your problem, I think you should know that there are certain yoga asanas where relaxation is attained by sleeping on the back without pillow and since a person will be applying pressure on their spinal muscles on sleeping on their back it will be beneficial for a person with backache.... But the major problem with this is increased incidence of snoring...putting too many pillows can actually cause difficulty in breathing.... This posture is very difficult to maintain in sleep, since most of us will change our sleep position in the drowsy state in the middle of the night very often... Side sleeping is generally advised in people who snore a lot, in pregnancy to avoid putting excessive pressure by sleeping on the back, to get relif from heart burn.... The major drawback is most of the people will sleep on their hands and by the morning that hand would have become numb.... If you are still not satisfied kindly consult a nearest physician for further queries.....