Sleep position

Hello! Is it good to sleep with pillow or without pillow. And what is the right position to nap/sleep. I usually sleep side ways. I cannot sleep strict length x breath surface area. I do not know what that position is called. I mean that sleeping in position in a way resting the back and spine is not that m comfortable with.

Doctor Answers (2) on Sleep position

Dr. Prashant Singh Noida | Physiotherapist
Hello!... One should avoid taking high pillow as it may cause early cervical spondylosis problem. One should avoid or take thin pillow when resting in supine lying position ( sleeping on your back). But in your case you used to sleep in side lying position so you should be taking slightly high pillow as there is a big gap between your head and your shoulder which needs some support otherwise can hurt your neck. And for better relaxation of your spine in side lying position, slightly bend your knees and hips. This will help you to get a sound sleep.
Use a pillow that you are comfortable with. It varies from person to person. You should sleep and wake up relaxed if the pillow is appropriate. Turn to the side and sleep, with hips and knees bent. That is ideal. Avoid sleeping on your stomach.