Sleep deprived
My dad doesn't sleep well. He wakes up very frequently. He sleeps after 1 or 2am and wakes up at 6. And wake us in middle. I am afraid he might need sleeping pills in future. He is diabetic not sure of type 1 or 2. Are there any remedies. He has joints pains too. He is using medicine for diabetics, however it is not in normal. He has very high blood pressure and sweats a lot.

Hello..... I understand your concern towards your father's health, I think you should know that diabetics patient have polyuria symptoms I.e. Excessive frequency of urinating which is a body defence mechanism mainly by kidneys to get rid of high glucose level.... Apart from these since obesity is a risk factor to cause diabetes, it is also known to play a role in causing sleep apnea... Diabetic patients can have restless leg syndrome / peripheral neuropathy seen in uncontrolled diabetes this patients have burning or tingling sensation in the feet which might disturb the sleep.... So kindly consult a endocrinologist for further management...

Consequences of being sleep deprived