Skin inflammation
A wasp/hornet stung me on my arm and arm is swollen due to it. I took medicine from pharmacy. Okacet tablet and Quadrichoice cream to apply. It stung me about 12 hours back and I had a tablet and applied the ointment. The swelling is there still and paining. How much time does it generally take to heal? Should I take medicine for more time.

Dr. Laxman G. Jonwal
Consultant Physician 29 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello There, Probable causes of Swelling in skin and pain may be:- 1) Infection 2) Viral Infection - Herpes Zoster 3) Poor Immunity 4) Allergy 5) Multiple or secondary complications of infection 6) Tension - Stress - Anxiety 7) Unhealthy food habits 8) Unhealthy Lifestyle *You needed urgent treatment. * Urgently correct diagnosis and accordingly proper Comprehensive treatment is needed. *Visit personally Or Consult on line for urgent treatment.
Consult Privately online-Telephone-Video urgently.
Follow these advice:- 1) Take bed rest 2) Light food - Milk + Rice or Chapatti 3) No hot, Spicy, Oily, Fried, Fermented, Chana, Rajma, Bakery items, Maida, packed - processed- Junk food. 4) Pomegranate, Watermelon is good