Skin infection

It has been more than a month I am having skin infection in my lower abdomin as well as in pubic area. I itch insanely and end up in regret of itching with pain. It is spreading very fast in my body. Please suggest how to cure and what medicine to buy. I have consulted to a doctor in my area he precribed me itraconozole and a lotion to apply on the infection but saddenly it doesnt seem to work. Ps: i tried finding some doctors in my area( haridwar) but couldnt see any doctors in practo. Please see attached pictures for infection pattern. ( as you can see boundary of infections has small sperical dots which cotains watery puss) Hope your suggestions will help.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin infection

This looks like a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. To control the itch take oral anti histamines as prescribed by the dermatologist. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging.