Skin gets cold in winter.

With the onset of winter the edges of my body especially palm and feet get very cold and get colder as the winter escalates to the point of getting unbearable at times. This problem is as old as I can recall. I went to the doctor twice; got diagnosed and took medication too but to no avail. Probably connected to this problem is the problem of sun allergy. During winter when I m exposed to sun or body gets heated due to any physical activity there is severe irration all over the body and I develop red rashes too. I want to know why it happens to me. Last time I visited the doctor he said it's because of inadequate blood supply which happens to some people. Genetic problem. Let me add that I also develop more than normal skin flakes on the palm and feet during winter season. Plus I have non severe chronic constipation. Kindly state the reason and remedy of my problem. Because all of this creates yet another problem: Headache! Of course In winters. Thank you.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin gets cold in winter.

Dr. Dilip Kumar Sa Raigarh | Dermatologist
Hello,

You are having a condition called Raynaud's phenomenon. This may be genetic (familial) or may occur in diseases like lupus erythematosus , scleroderma etc. You have to undergo some investigations . Please consult a dermatologist. Keep your hands and feet warm, avoid cold exposure, use warm water, avoid smoking. You need some vasodilator drugs for which you need to consult a doctor.