Skin Discoloration
I have this discoloration for about 2 to 3 years now. I am Indian and i have tan skin. I religiously use spf sunscreen and my menstrual cycles are on time. Its darker below mouth above the chin and also on the corners of the mouth.

Dr. Aman Sharma
If there is patchy pigmentation we have to rule out hormonal causes sometimes patchy pigmentation around the mouth around the neck and around the fold areas may be due to excessive insulin secretion which may  be due to a very high carbohydrate and low protein diet. There are many local and systemic treatment options which should help you but should be treated depending on the specific cause. Sometimes if the pigmentation is just around the mouth it may be due to a type fungal infection.