Skin darkening
Hi, I have been noticing that suddenly my face darkening but the rest of the body is not.What should I do?
187 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

There are many possibilities. There are some conditions that affect the face like lichen planus pigmentosus, Rheils melanosis, seborrheic melanosis, pigmented contact dermatitis, certain drug reactions(if you are on any medicines) or simple tanning due to sun exposure. Treatment depends on what your diagnosis is. Try avoiding sunlight. Use a high SPF sunscreen 50+ and PA +++ or higher.. Sunscreens should be used at 8am 11am 2pm daily whether or not you think u are exposed to sunlight. Visit a dermatologist to get accurately diagnosed. Some conditions will require a biopsy to prove as they are rare. Others can be diagnosed clinically. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
3/3 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?

This question featured in :

Darkening of vaginal lips
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.