Skin cracks around lips
The skin at the top of my upper lip has gotten somewhat dry and is peeling off. Also the facial skin near the corner of the lips has gotten very dry and cracked. Initially I thought it was a sunburn. Now it has gotten a little red and the cracks look like small cut wounds. I'm attaching a picture of that. Is it common or should I be concerned? What should I do to prevent it from getting worse?

Dr. Shruti Jadhav Devershi
Dermatologist 7 yrs exp Pune

You are suffering what is known as angular cheilitis. Though not serious, it may turn painful later and heal with hyperpigmentation.visit your Dermatologist to access the cause and treatment. It can be easily treated. Do not worry. Regards, Dr.Shruti Jadhav Devershi , Sólskin professional Dermacare, Kharadi.