Skin and hair
I want to take up swimming but am fearful of the chlorine content in pools. How can I protect my skin and hair from potential damage by chemicals in public pools?

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

Thanks for the query. It is easier to opt for a better swimming pool. Full length swimming costumes may be a good option. If it is outdoor, ample usage of sunscreens with physical blocking components is a must. Chlorine is a necessity to maintain the hygiene of the pool. If it is a reputed and good pool, they must be taking care about your apprehensions.