Six months ago I had to shift to Coimbatore due to my job. Since the time I came, there has been terrible change in food habits and water.
The water here is hard.
So as a result, i am having heavy hair loss and slight dandruff issue.
Also my skin has lost its glow and i have started to get pimples and acne all over my face.
Also there are tiny moles kind of thing on my face, which started before I came here.
Please suggest me what to do.
Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice
One thing at a time... First hair.... In women, Anaemia, hormonal issues, environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair. Stress of change of environment too is a cause.After adequate evaluation by dermatologist, You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet.For sore scalp and dandruff you'll need an antifungal shampoo with probably a low dose corticosteroid shampoo. See a dermatologist near you to get evaluated if you have any other scalp problem. For the skin.. The following would help you :
1. Daily use of sunscreen in aqua gel base of 30 spf- in day time applied half hour before sun exposure
2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm. Reapply during lunch break during office hours.
3. Peeling agents and skin lightening agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan and improving your natural skin colour and reducing spots.
4. Evaluation by dermatologist for peels and micro derm abrasion - this will indeed help you rejuvenate with a glow.
5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed.
6. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin.
Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.
Let me know if you need answers for any further queries on follow up private chat.Warm regards.
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.