Skin Allergy

Hello. I have an allergy on the right knee, where the skin has a round red mark 2 inch wide and only on the outer..I have been itching heavily and it's become unbearable in this hot weather..It's been there for about 4-5 months and has grown recently.. Earlier I ignored it as I thought it was a rash due to an accident wound next to it.. Also, I have an infection all around the crotch area and behind on the bums.. I did visit a doctor and applied Betnovate..Gave some relief for few days but the problem is back again..the skin all over there seems dead and very wrinkled and red.. Please help!

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin Allergy

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
1. STOP the betnovate immediately 2. Did you visit a dermatologist? Please visit one asap. From what you have described you might be having a fungal infection. But that can be diagnosed only after a skin examination. Do not worry. It can be treated. But only after a proper examination. Till then, since you have the rash around your crotch, change your undergarments twice a day. That will prevent the spread of the rash.