Shortness of breath.
My grandfather age 73.Has gone through kidney dialysis after 5 dialysis doctors told my family there would be no dialysis,He's fine. He can do with medicine and injections. 3 months went normal. now he's having breathing problems. is it compulsory to dialysis him?Breathing problems cannot be healed without it.

Prashant Dheerendra
Dear Madam, whether he needs to continue dialysis depends on his blood creatinine levels and a few other parameters. If the breathlessness is due to fluid accumulation in the lungs because of kidney failure then it would be advisable to continue dialysis. Getting dialysis only when things go bad and then abandoning the treatment is generally a bad idea. You should consult a nephrologist in person and take his advice. Please take care.