Sexual Encounter
Hello Doctor, Me and my girlfriend had a brief sexual encounter yesterday afternoon. Although penetrative sex was not at all present (we both are 25 and virgins) but we slept very close and naked. Also during some intimacy, our private parts have come very close and even touched. But I am 100% sure that penetration was not done. I had used a condom as a precaution but it had slipped off towards the end and there was direct contact. Also at the end my Girlfriend washed her private part with her hands with which she had touched my semen too. I might be sounding very desperate or naive, but we are worried. Can this result in pregnancy in any case ? Just to give you some details, my girlfriend always has irregular periods. The last time she had periods was on 20th July, before that was on 25th March. Please suggest us. Should she take some Emergency Contraceptive Pill to avoid any confusion ? What are the side effects or long term effects of the Emergency Contraceptive Pills ?

Dr. Vinay Gupta
Sexologist 32 yrs exp Bilaspur

Nothing to worry. Pregnancy only occur during fertile period. It is from 11 th to 17,day of period,start counting 1st day when period start. Rest of the period is considered as safe period.  U had also neither penetrated nor ejaculated in side vagina, so less chance for pregnancy.
Even ut friend is worried, ask her to consult a gynaecologist.