Sexual Councelling

Dear Doctor, I am 28yrs old and never been married.I am now interested in a women who is 36 yrs old. She is married,has children and divorced.we both are mentally ready to face the consequences, but not physically. We want to take it to the next level, and quite not sure will there be a problem. Is there any problem of us having sex? If there is, can't we use protection to over come? Please assist us in getting over these questions,befor we take this to next phase of our life.

Doctor Answers (1) on Sexual Councelling

If what you mean by 'problem' is physical, then let me assure you that there would be no problem other than the risk of pregnancy. If neither of you have any infections, you need not worry about that too.
If your relationship is serious and emotional, why don't you both get married ; that way you will have a fulfilling and conflict free relationship.
But if you want only sex and not marriage, then I would advise you to take precautions by using condoms and following safe periods.