Sexual Councelling
Dear Doctor, I am 28yrs old and never been married.I am now interested in a women who is 36 yrs old. She is married,has children and divorced.we both are mentally ready to face the consequences, but not physically. We want to take it to the next level, and quite not sure will there be a problem. Is there any problem of us having sex? If there is, can't we use protection to over come? Please assist us in getting over these questions,befor we take this to next phase of our life.

Ms. Snigdha Mishra
Counselling Psychologist 9 yrs exp Delhi

Hello, the information is insufficient to understand your problem clearly. Do you mean to say to want to get physically intimate with her? If yes, then what about it is the problem?
A).go to a sexologist and get adequate information about what needs to be done. B) discuss about protection options. C) Sexologist can also assist you in understanding your sexual needs and expressing them appropriately
it's most helpful if partners are on the same page about the relationship and their commitment.
Dr. Prabhakar Korada
Psychiatrist 22 yrs exp Hyderabad

If what you mean by 'problem' is physical, then let me assure you that there would be no problem other than the risk of pregnancy. If neither of you have any infections, you need not worry about that too. If your relationship is serious and emotional, why don't you both get married ; that way you will have a fulfilling and conflict free relationship. But if you want only sex and not marriage, then I would advise you to take precautions by using condoms and following safe periods.