Severepain menstrualcycle

I usually experience sever pains n cramps during menstrual cycle. Although it is very unbearable I withhold the pain and get over with it. But this time now it is very unusual, I am getting pains n cramps for the past 25 hours and frequently urinating in very small amounts. I strong feel pain in lower stomach at around 4 points. I lost all my strength battling from morning, I can strongly say this is different from regular pain. I feel like something is accumulating and not able to get over with it. I feel like I am dying. The period flow intensity got lower and lower but the pain is getting worse. Cycle started 30 hours ago. Please help. :(

Doctor Answers (1) on Severepain menstrualcycle

Dr. Navya G Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there..you have dysmenorrhoea ie pain during periods which is common in young females.. mild to moderate pain is common for all, but if it's severe unbearable then there may be some underlying cause for it.. please get usg done once to rule out any cause.. treatment for dysmenorrhoea include hot fomentation, rest, Nsaids like dicyclomine, mefenemic acid. With oral pills also you can reduce pain and flow. Have more nutritious food,drink more water. Do regular Exercises for back, pelvic as its shown that pain in less in people who do exercises. Please consult gynecologist once, for now take tablet with mefenemic acid+paracetamol..