Severe pain in foot
I have severe pain in my foot while i walk . I also have pain in my ankle and back sometimes. I am not able to walk or excercise which is also resulting in gain of weight

Dr. Vishwas Virmani (PT)
Physiotherapist 20 yrs exp Noida

Stretch Calves Get a custom made insole. Hams Stretching. Sports Taping. Hot Fomentation.
Dr. Vandana Chauhan (PT)
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Noida

its good for the problem to get diagnosed first.but if you are having pain without any injury or twist of foot it can be due to the use of footwears of hard sole,due to high heels or due to prolonged standing.or it can be aproblem known as plantar fascitis in which is due to inflammation of a natural cushion in our heel generally because of high heels, walking on hard or uneven surface.
go to a physiotherapist and take the treament.Ultrasonic therapy helps in healing of plantarfascia inflamed,Wax therapy increases blood circulation and helps in relieving pain,stretching will increase the range of motion and relaxation.Exercises will increase the muscle strength.Do it for at least 2 weeks.You will get the relief for sure.
ice packs at home for 10 minutes on painful site,do some ankle toe stretching forward and backward direction specially when you startt walking after some rest.Use soft cushioned footwears like Dr Scholl or use gel cushions in footwears, avoid long walk and overstanding,...take care
Dr. Varun Aggarwal
Orthopedist 13 yrs exp Panchkula

Before you think about managing this pain, the thumb rule is to get the problem diagnosed first. ...no doubt the fault commonly lies in footwear but still get this examined first
Dr. Deepak Tamrakar (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Durg

This information is no enough to sugest treatment. Need to exmine properaly. Consult physiotherapist.
Dr. Raviraj Francis (PT)
Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

Hello there....well the answer to your question lies in the first sentence u wrote it self......in 65% of heel and ankle pain cases the footwear is the culprit than your body....hence it is very important to wear proper footwear....have well cushioned shoes of branded company also heel pad can make a world of difference..... if you are in the pain you can do icing and stretching of the heel and ankles.... the fact that u mentioned that sometimes u get back pain is quit relevant to the weight bearing mechanics on your ankle and your walking pattern. Regards & take care.

Hello there.... Stretch your arches. Simple home exercises can stretch your plantar fascia, Achilles tendon and calf muscles.... Avoid high heels. Use shoes with a low to moderate heel, good arch support and shock absorbency.... Don't go barefoot, especially on hard surfaces...... Regular ice massage can help reduce pain and inflammation....