Severe neck pain

My sister is having severe neck pain from last few days. Her MRI report is below. Kindly please let me know what is the issue and can it be treated without a surgery? Medical data: Cervicobrachialgieen left. HNP ? Report: The corpora are in line and are normally of height . no osseous pathology. At level C5 C6 , there is a median HNP . Thus, the spot a canal stenosis , with some compression myelum . no myelopathy demonstrable. On other levels, no indication of HNP . further large foramina . On other levels, a large dural channel. Conclusion. Median HNP level C5 C6 with canal stenosis with compression on the spinal cord .

Doctor Answers (1) on Severe neck pain

Dr. Raghavendra Reddy Hyderabad | Consultant Physician
hi its disc prolapse brachialgia mean nerve irritation with swelling when disc is compressing the nerve root it will give radiating pain in its route . no need to worry give her rest for two weeks try physio at your place. chiropractice session will be very useful try if it is available . be cautious if she gets numbness in hand or fingers. have you used any medication as if now give clear history so that we can guide you to the cure. Start Tab Adgaba half tab in night Tab Me axon plus once daily
If Uncontrolled to see Neuro surgeon for opinion
avoid long sittings and pillows ,wear a soft collar for neck.