Severe menstrual cramps
Hi Doctor! Recently i happened to go to a gyno, for my acute cramps. I have been self medicating all this while, as my mother and her mother also had the same issues, during their phase. Its hindering my day to day activity too. In regards to this doctor has suggested for a scan of my pelvis region. Do i really need to scan or medication will be fine. If so plz suggest me the medicines that gives immediate relief. I had my periods when i was in class 8th, an i am 22 now, still the same situation. plz help me
56 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

Main treatment for your condition is Non steroidal anti inflammatory drugs...Start taking the pain reliever at the beginning of your period, or as soon as you feel symptoms, and continue taking the medicine as directed for two to three days, or until your symptoms have gone away.Oral birth control pills contain hormones that prevent ovulation and reduce the severity of menstrual cramps...Consult nearest gynecologists they will do the needful.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.