Severe heel pain

My wife has pain in her heels for almost a year. The doctor diagnosed spur in the heel and prescribed light medications but no relief so far. We also tried siddha medicines and very little relief. Please let us know any treatment to cure it permanently.
views-icons 86 Views Mail QnA Whatsapp QnA v

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Karthic Babu Natarajan
Pain Management Specialist 17 yrs exp Chennai

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹200 for 24 hrs

It looks like she is suffering from plantar fascitis with calcaneal bone spur. She can try resting her foot, applying ice twice a day and use orthotic footwear with good plantar arch support. Plantar fascia stretching and strengthening exercises will help. If pain persists inspite of these conservative measures, consider plantar fascia platelet rich plasma (PRP) injections given by pain physicians under ultrasound guidance. Good luck.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?