Severe head pain

Everytime I get severe head pain and doctor said it's migraine. I put hit water towel and go to hospital to cure that. Is it seriously migraine or do I need to do any test to find actually what is that.pls advise.
views-icons 44 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (3) on Severe head pain

Bangalore | General Physician

INR 150 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hello There. I can understand your concern, kindly consult a neurologist in this regard. Migraine is a diagnosis of exclusion what that means is that all other causes of the headache need to be excluded before making the diagnosis of migraine. if it is migraine you might be given a sumatriptan prophylaxis for 3 months. you need to take the whole course. best regards, Dr. Anil kumar jain. bangalore.
Dr. Amarpreet Singh Riar
10 yrs. of exp | Delhi | General Practitioner

INR 200 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Their are many types of headaches. Migraine is one of them. I would advise you to take prophylaxis for migraine so that you don't have repeat episode of emergencies. Their is a drug called Cap Migrof-10 (UHL) ONCE DAILY AT NIGHT . Take one at night for 3 months . Hope you will be perfectly fine
Bangalore | General Physician

INR 250 for 24 hrs

CHAT NOW
Hi...., Self-care measures can help ease the pain of a migraine headache. Try muscle relaxation exercises. Relaxation may help ease the pain of a migraine headache. Relaxation techniques may include progressive muscle relaxation, meditation or yoga. Get enough sleep, but don't oversleep. Get an adequate amount of sleep each night. It's best to go to bed and wake up at regular times, as well......