Scoliosis h

Hello doctors, I have scoliosis for past 8 to 10/years but curvature is not much it stopped curving and it won't visible even if i am with out Banian or something but slite hump is there. If we watch closely can identify. My doubt is iam planing for pregnancy but will my son or daughter will get the same. Bcoz of that I am unable to proceed with my wife happily. Struggling each and everyday. But my parents are worried to have pregnancy . I don't want my son or daughter to face this. Plzzzzz help me... Your decision will depend on my happiness sorry my whole family happiness...

Doctor Answers (2) on Scoliosis h

Dr. Rajkannan P Bangalore | Sports and Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
You don't worry about it. Scoliosis is not proven for mother to daughter transmission. They are yet to identify the gene for scoliosis so genetic counselling will not help. Given that it is very treatable if it is identified early,, you can go for the child.
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there. I can understand your concern. But first the cause of your scoliosis needs to be found out. Like is it due to any spine malformations at birth. Because there are a lot of causes which can be transmitted genetically. But to give you a perspective, only about 15 percent of cases are due to genetic causes. Although there is no cure as such for this condition but usually can be managed by bracing, surgery, physiotherapy etc. I would suggest you talk to a genetic counsellor regarding this. He would be able to help you wheather it can affect the child. Best regards. Dr. Anil Kumar Jain.