Scarlet fever

I have been suffering from high fever (102-103 f) for the past week.On consulting the doctor and getting my blood profile done my platelets came out to be around 1.2 lakh and the rashes on my mouth confirmed it was scarlet fever.kindly advise what should i do with respect to my diet any precautions also there is a burnings sensation on the rashes.Your advise will be highly helpful.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  Scarlet fever happens due to a streptococcal infection. The treatment for it is 10 day course of antibiotics.  Along with symptomatic treatment.  As far as the diet is concerned.  You need to have a soft diet. Avoid oily and spicy foods.  Drink plwnty of fluids.  You can apply calamine lotion on the rashes. Consult a general physician in person for further evaluation and management. Best regards. Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.