Scanty periods
Ma'am i get periods regularly or sometimes a day or two earlier than my date but my periods last only for 2-3 days from last 3 years every month whereas earlier before that i used to have periods for 4-5 days. i m sexually active and i had gone through an abortion 5 years ago as me and my husband were not ready for baby. i m concerned why suddenly my periods had got scanty, even after my abortion i used to get periods for 4-5 days. earlier sometimes i used to have i-pill too. kindly advice me is there any serious issue and whether my abortion and these scanty periods will affect my future pregnancy. thank you !

Dr. Shweta Goswami
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 15 yrs exp Noida

This could be a normal variation also with age. Due to a previous history of abortion it would be good to get a pelvic ultrasound done in mid cycle ie day 12 of your cycle. If the endometrial thickness is good and uterus is healthy no further tests should be required at this stage.