Scalp visible through hai
My friend is able to see his scalp through hair and is very depressed. To me as well his hair seems to be losing though I see hair in the region on visible scalp. Maybe he is having thinning hair. Would request for an expert help

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. You may be suffering from early onset androgenetic alopecia. Does your father or brother or maternal uncles have balding? This could genetically predispose you to balding. Further environmental factors , pollution, stress, junk food and poor diet could cause you to lose hair further. You'll probably need treatment with hair care lotions or serums - something that has vasodilator properties and improves thickness of hair and reduces hair loss. Have a good balanced nutritious diet. Yes your hair density can be restored if you take timely treatment and care of your hair. For dandruff you'll need an antifungal shampoo. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any further assistance in this regard -if u have further queries or wish to seek an appointment, you could contact me on follow up messaging.Warm regards.
Dr. Pradnya Shastri
Trichologist 9 yrs exp Mumbai

My sincere suggestion is that you visit a dermatologist. Because your friend seems to be having (most likely) male pattern baldness... there are treatments(lotions) that can halt the progress of baldness. But a good examination by a dermatologist will help confirm the diagnosis. Ask him not to get depressed. Get help and he will benefit.