Root canal treatment

I recently completed my RCT in 2 of my teeth. In my last sitting, my doctor told me that she was missing one of the canals and so did not provide me with local anesthesia just so as to reach that canal. It was painful when she reached the canal and cleared it. Later on the 4 canals were filled. Now am awaiting my tooth cutting to be followed by applying crown. The problem is I could still feel the pain in that canal when she was filling it. And even after 24 hours of having filled all those canals, I can feel a not so sharp, but somewhat pain in that tooth. Does that mean that the canal has not been cleaned properly? When she looked at the final X Ray she said it looked good to her. Can I take a second opinion from a different Endodontist who can confirm by taking an X Ray or something that the teeth are good to be crowned?

Doctor Answers (5) on Root canal treatment

Dr. Rashmi Punhani Bangalore | Pediatric Dentist
Hi there ...the slight pain which you have is common and due to cleaning and shaping of the canal (filing).. U can wait for 7-10 days ...if no pain...then go ahead for the crown.. Take care ...!!
Dr. Govindaraj.S.J Bangalore | Implantologist
Its better to wait for a couple of weeks before you decide on crowns. The involved tooth/teeth need to be kept away from the biting surface. Secondly if you find that there is persistent pain or discomfort then its better to seek an opinion.
Dr. Pranay Bangalore | Dentist
Hello The slight pain which is persisting for you still is fine...it is expected til 7-10 days but if you feel it lasting for more than 20days consult once more.. Take care...
Dr. Swastik Satpathy Bhubaneswar | Cosmetic/Aesthetic Dentist
Hi dear, anytime you can go for a second opinion. But, its better to get an opinion from your treating doctor about your present pain as she may be able to explain you better as she is the one treating you for past few days. Take care
Dentist
If you have the last x ray image,it can be confirmed from that only.Otherwise you are free to confirm that personally.