Risk of black fungus for how long
I just have some queries... My husband had covid and was hospitalised for over a week. Now i am hearing about something called black fungus, which is seen on patients who are admitted for long time and given steroid. He was discharged on May 3rd after being admitted for 8 days. After discharge he was also prescribed some oral steroids. I came to know he was given steroid at hospital too. Is he still at risk?

Black fungus which is known as Mucormycosis presents with One-sided facial swelling, Headache, Nasal congestion. And it can be seen mostly in diabetics who has be on steroids used against COVID while in hospital.
If you find any of the above mentioned signs. Consult your doctor or you can contact me through Practo app

Infection of black fungus will present with headache, swelling over the eye and nose , redness of eyes. Watch for the above symptoms. Note: Infection of black fungus is rare
Can consult me fore more queries on practo
Is your husband diabetic? Or is he on any medication for a prolonged period of time? Please do share the details and contact me via practo app
No if prescribed under the guidance of doctor there is no risk It’s generally due to people who are irrationally using steroid without doctor prescription in COVID Consult me on practo now for full guidance on audio
Don't panic.... But you must be alert.... Keep blood sugar levels under control.... Don't overuse the steroids.... Just take them as advised by doctor..... Post covid you must be cautious till 6 weeks.... Symptoms of black fungus start  at about 12-15 days.... You must just see for the warning symptoms like... Black nasal discharge, nasal stuffiness, blood from nose, anesthesia of face, swelling and pain in eyes, black spots over palate and around eyes, dental pain, decrease in vision, decreased eye movements... Also avoid wearing soiled mask wear clean mask
don't panic but be alert and look for warning symptoms
Is he diabetic? What are the symptoms and reasons for hospitalisation? Does he complaining any symptoms now
consult me in practo to get detailed information about mucormycosis