Rise in AMH/MIS

After getting appropriate test of blood n urine my report says that anti-mullerian hormone / mullerian inhibiting substance is high i.e. 12.41. Is this the cause of very much weight gain i.e. 65 in 12 class to 79 when I am in college second year .And any medicine or precautions to be taken?

Doctor Answers (1) on Rise in AMH/MIS

Thank you for your question. I'm sorry you have been gaining unwanted weight.
A rising AMH is seen in women who have PCOD. Your weight is the cause of the problem not the result. Lifestyle issues like lack of adequate exercise, overeating junk food or bakery products or sugar leads to insulin resistance which then causes stress, raised cortisol, abdominal fat increase, higher androgen levels and thus an ovary that is resistant to ovulation causing a raised amh. Please consult your gynaecologist who will recommend a nutritionist and exercise coach to help you overcome these problems.
best wishes