Right Testicle Pain

Recently I had pain around my right abdomen and I went to urologist and he diagosed me with a kidney stone of 4 mm in my right kidney and told me to drink ample water around 6-8 litres per day and it will pass via urine. From around 4 days the pain has shifted from my right abdomen to lower abdomen and I am having spasms in loins, groin and right testicle. Pain comes and goes away and during pain my right testicle being bigger than other one feels kind of heavy; I checked with my doctor and he told its normal and will go away as soon as I pass the stone he also did physical examination of testes and scrotum area and told me there is nothing to worry about. Is this normal or should I consult some other doctor?

Harisha N L

If stones less than 7mm generally pass through spontaneously without surgical intervention...Medical treatment of nephrolithiasis involves supportive care and administration of agents, such as the following: Excessive water intake or IV hydration, Nonnarcotic analgesics , Oral/intravenous narcotic analgesics, NSAIDS (eg, ketorolac, ketorolac intranasal, ibuprofen), Antiemetics (eg, metoclopramide), Antibiotics (eg, ampicillin, gentamicin, ticarcillin/clavulanic acid, ciprofloxacin, levofloxacin, ofloxacin) to reduce possible infections, Alkalinizing agents (eg, potassium citrate, sodium bicarbonate): For uric acid and cysteine calculi Alpha blockers (eg, tamsulosin, terazosin)...Consult same urologist he will do the needful.