Retina holes & marriage

Both eyes have lattices and holes, barrage laser treatment done 10 months ago. Floaters increased in hundreds as patches of honeycomb in both eyes and also notice flashes. Am under regular monthly check ups with retinal specialists. Before laser there were only 5 floaters in each eye but after laser floaters are increasing constantly month on month. Also there are flashes that appear in the corner which was not there before. Notice flashes while bending down, walking, sleeping, walking up the stairs. Retina doctor say they can't do anything except wait and watch. I was influenced to do laser hastily by some junior. doctors at Aravind CBE. I was not advised laser at SankaraNethralaya by senior doctors Doctors at Aravind CBE instilled fear to do laser same day. Now I don't know what to do. Fear of losing sight shows up every day because of these flaoters. Marriage is a question mark. Life itself is a question mark.

Doctor Answers (2) on Retina holes & marriage

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal Sangrur | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
Hello Please don't worry 1. In lattice, we have both options ..laser or observation...both are good. 2. These floaters and flashes are unrelated to barrage laser 3. You will not loose eyesight so don't be pessimistic 4. Start ignoring these floaters... 5. Keep under follow-up of your retina specialist 6. You can call me if you still have fear
Dr. Amarjeet Vadodara | Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon
don't worry just ensure that the laser has been done well. Take a second opinion. The increase in the floaters probably is because of seperation of the retina & the vitreous. You will need a close retina follow up till the seperation completes. The increase in the flashes is not a good sign but if all the lesions are covered well then there is nothing to worry it will stop as soon as the posterior vitreous detachment i.e seperation of retina & vitreous completes. It was a good decision to go for laser as untreated lesions like lattice with holes can lead to retinal detachment. You can chat with me on facebook