Removal of uterus

Sir my name is kumar fr Krishnagiri. My wife is 40 yrs old. She is suffering past one year of back pain also uterus trouble. I consulted few
OG & gynaecologist. They told me
We must remove the uterus. I have some doubts what's the cost of the operation, and side effects after the operation. Plz give me some advice.

Doctor Answers (3) on Removal of uterus

Dr. Ashwini S Bangalore | Infertility Specialist
The uterine problem as a cause for her back pain should be ascertained first, or else even after  uterus removal she may still have back pain. Cost of the surgery varies with the route- vaginal/ open/ laparoscopic surgery. 
problems encountered  may be undue bleeding, injury to the urinary bladder and rarely the ureter and bowel which can all be avoided if precautions are taken.  At this age it is better to preserve the ovaries for hormonal function, provided they are normal.
Thank you for your question.
The choice of hysterectomy depends on the reason for which it is advised. Clinical examination and investigations can help determine if alternatives can be helpful. If she has period problems the Mirena IUS is a reasonable option to consider. There are others too. Please consult a gynaecologist skilled in endoscopic techniques for help with these.
Re a hysterectomy,  Generally the vaginal route is less disruptive for the patient and recovery is better too. You need to find a gynaecologist skilled in this technique. You can check for more information on WWW.patient.co.uk
hope this helps
Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
hey ,  no menses , no pregnancy , loss of sexual desire , are effects, cost depends on whether it's abdominal or vaginal hysterectomy